Sunday, August 3, 2014

Getting Nervous

Here it is almost 1:00 am and I should be asleep but I haven't even started to get ready for bed. I know this will sound strange but I'm very excited for my first chemo treatment tomorrow. Oh, I mean today as in 7.5 hours from now. I feel like I'm finally going to get started with the business of getting better! Brandi (my beautiful, awesome, BFF daughter) will be here at 7:30 and we'll drive to the Cancer Center. I have my "cancer notebook" ready to go along with some bottled water and yogurt just in case I get hungry while sitting around watching the drip, drip, drip of the IV.

I got to see each of my grandkids this weekend. The 3 little boys played in the baby pool and with water hoses Sunday and then on the trampoline at Brandi's. They are so precious and such funny little things. Taylor came over and then I took him to Wal-Mart to buy a video game. My little buddy Lana spent the night Friday and Saturday. We walked to my mom and dad's on Friday evening and again Sunday. Saturday we went shopping and she got her hair trimmed in preparation for the start of school. When we were at the mall I saw an outfit on a mannequin and told Lana, "If I was skinny I'd buy that outfit." She said, "You will be when you lose 20 or 30 pounds." I thanked her and we both had a good laugh. When Brandi and I told Taylor and Lana about my cancer and what the doctor said to expect that was one of the things we mentioned so they won't be shocked if I do lose 20-30 pounds. Sounds like Lana is very well prepared. I'm so, so lucky to have each of them, they make me HAPPY!!


No comments:

Post a Comment